Peer-reviewed Conference Papers
--- Submitted ---
Impact of 6D Mobility on Doppler Characteristics of UAV-to-Vehicle Channels
Dual-Band MmWave Measurements of Human Body Scattering and Blockage Effects Using Distributed Beamforming for ISAC Applications
Tiled Subarray Design for Multibeam Joint Communication and Sensing
WiGig-based Joint Multi-Person Positioning and Respiration Sensing
--- Accepted ---
29. Investigating the Bistatic Sensing Capability of a Broadcasting 5G-NR BS and a True-Time-Delay Array UE, IEEE COMCAS (Accepted)
--- Published ---
28. Haoqiu Xiong, Zhuangzhuang Cui, Mingqing Liu, Yang Miao, and Sofie Pollin. 2023. Multi-person Localization and Respiration Sensing under IEEE 802.11ay Standard. In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM MobiCom Workshop on Integrated Sensing and Communications Systems (ISACom '23). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 31–36. https://doi.org/10.1145/3615984.3616506
27 R. Hersyandika, M. Rossanese, A. Lutu, Y. Miao, Q. Wang and S. Pollin, "Coverage and Capacity Analysis for Football Player's Bodycam with Cell-Free Massive MIMO," 2023 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops), Rome, Italy, 2023, pp. 314-319, doi: 10.1109/ICCWorkshops57953.2023.10283510.
26 H. Alidoustaghdam, et al., Y. Miao, "Enhancing Vital Sign Estimation Performance of FMCW MIMO Radar by Prior Human Shape Recognition," 2023 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops), Rome, Italy, 2023, pp. 1707-1711, doi: 10.1109/ICCWorkshops57953.2023.10283718.
25. Hang Mi, Bo Ai, Ruisi He, Raied Caromi, Jian Wang, Anuraag Bodi, Camillo Gentile, Yang Miao (presentor), "Cluster Association for 3D Environment Based on 60 GHz Indoor Channel Measurements", EuCAP 2023
24. van Berlo, Bram; Miao, Yang ; et al.,"26 GHz OFDM and 77 GHz FMCW Radar Dataset for Domain Shift Invariant Blockage Prediction",
IEEE International Symposium on Joint Communications & Sensing (JC&S) 2023
23. Rizqi Hersyandika, Juan Sanchez, Yang Miao, Sofie Pollin, and Fredrik Tufvesson. 2022. Measurement-based blockage and intra-cluster interference analysis in mmWave multi-point connectivity networks. In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Emerging Topics in Wireless (EmergingWireless '22). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 12–17. https://doi.org/10.1145/3565474.3569071
22. K. Mao, et al. Y. Miao, "A2G Channel Measurement and Characterization via TNN for UAV Multi-Scenario Communications," GLOBECOM 2022 - 2022 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2022, pp. 4461-4466, doi: 10.1109/GLOBECOM48099.2022.10001404.
21. B. van Berlo, Y. Miao, et al., "Intelligent Blockage Recognition using Cellular mmWave Beamforming Data: Feasibility Study," GLOBECOM 2022 - 2022 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2022, pp. 4576-4582, doi: 10.1109/GLOBECOM48099.2022.10000833.
20. R. Hersyandika, Y. Miao and S. Pollin, "Guard Beam: Protecting mmWave Communication through In-Band Early Blockage Prediction," GLOBECOM 2022 - 2022 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2022, pp. 4093-4098, doi: 10.1109/GLOBECOM48099.2022.10001163.
19. C. Li, S. De Bast, Y. Miao, E. Tanghe, S. Pollin and W. Joseph, "Contact-Free Pedestrian Tracking Using Massive MIMO-OFDM Communication System," 2022 19th European Radar Conference (EuRAD), Milan, Italy, 2022, pp. 181-184, doi: 10.23919/EuRAD54643.2022.9924658.
18. H. Alidoustaghdam, Y. Miao and A. Kokkeler, "Widely Linear Beamforming for Full-Duplex Joint Communications and Sensing: an Investigation on Virtual Displacement of Array Elements during Local Optimization," 2022 16th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2022, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.23919/EuCAP53622.2022.9768910.
17. H. Alidoustaghdam, Y. Miao and A. Kokkeler, "Integrating TDD Communication and Radar Sensing in Co-Located Planar Array: A Genetic Algorithm Enabled Aperture Design," 2022 2nd IEEE International Symposium on Joint Communications & Sensing (JC&S), 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/JCS54387.2022.9743500.
16. X. Liu, I. Bilal and Y. Miao, "Multipath Tracking of On-Body Tag in Linear and Spin Motions," 2021 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), 2021, pp. 1-2, doi: 10.23919/ISAP47258.2021.9614385.
15. H. Alidoustaghdam, A. Kokkeler and Y. Miao, "Contact-Free Human Posture Estimation: an Analysis of the Influence of mmWave Array Polarization," 2021 XXXIVth General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI GASS), 2021, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.23919/URSIGASS51995.2021.9560206.
14. K. Shen, T. De Pessemier, L. Martens, W. Joseph and Y. Miao, "Genetic Algorithm Combined with Ray Tracer for Optimizing Cell-Free mMIMO Topology in a Confined Environment," 2021 15th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2021, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.23919/EuCAP51087.2021.9410934
13. M. Chen, Y. Miao, Y. Gong and X. Mao, "Convolutional Neural Network Powered Identification of the Location and Orientation of Human Body via Human Form Point Cloud," 2021 15th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2021, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.23919/EuCAP51087.2021.9410980
12. Y. Miao, "Interpreting Frequency Shift in Translational-Rotational Mobility Using Source-Generic Mode Channel," 2020 IEEE Globecom Workshops on Wireless Propagation Channels for 5G and B5G, 2020, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/GCWkshps50303.2020.93675
11. Y. Miao, "Antenna-Generic Multi-Mode Channels," 2020 IEEE USNC-CNC-URSI North American Radio Science Meeting (Joint with AP-S Symposium), Montreal, QC, Canada, 2020, pp. 159-160, doi: 10.23919/USNC/URSI49741.2020.9321654.
10. C. Qin, Y. Miao, Y. Gao, J. Chen, J. Zhang and A. A. Glazunov, "Simulation-based Investigation on Spatial Channel Hardening of Massive MIMO in Different Indoor Scenarios and with Different Array Topologies," 2020 XXXIIIrd General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the International Union of Radio Science, Rome, Italy, 2020, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.23919/URSIGASS49373.2020.9232421.
9. Y. Miao, S. Pollin and A. A. Glazunov, "Simulation-based Investigation on Massive Multi-Antenna System as to Spatial Channel Hardening for Mobile Single User in a Controlled Multipath Environment," 2020 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Copenhagen, Denmark, 2020, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.23919/EuCAP48036.2020.9135757
8. Y. Miao, W. Wang, J. Rodriguez-Pineiro, T. Dominguez-Bolano, Y. Gong, “Measurement-based Wideband Radio Channel Characterization in an Underground Parking Lot”, 2019 27th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), A Coruna, Spain, Sep. 2019, DOI: 10.23919/EUSIPCO.2019.8902576.
7. H. Huang, Y. Miao, Y. Gong, B. Liao, “Toeplitz Matrix Completion for Direction Finding Using a Modified Nested Linear Array,” ICASSP 2019 - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Brighton, United Kingdom, May 2019, DOI: 10.1109/ICASSP.2019.8682693.
6. Y. Miao, M. Gan, C. Oestges, K. Haneda, K. Guan, A.A. Glazunov, W. Wang, Y. Gong, “Investigating Correlation of Rough Surface Diffuse Scattering in Frequency Domain,” 2019 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Krakow, Poland, Apr. 2019.
5. Y. Miao, W. Fan, J. Rodriguez-Pineiro, X. Yin, Y. Gong, “Emulating UAV Air-to-Ground Radio Channel in Multi-Probe Anechoic Chamber,” IEEE Global Communications Conference: Workshops: 9th International Workshop on Wireless Networking and Control for Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Dec. 2018, DOI: 10.1109/GLOCOMW.2018.8644381.
4. Y. Miao, E. Tanghe, R. Aminzadeh, P. Laly, D. Gaillot, M. Lienard, R. Berkvens, M. Weyn, D. Plets, L. Martens, W. Joseph, “Exploring the Feasibility of Indoor Human Positioning by Using Radio Channel Properties of a Single Link,” 2018 2nd URSI Atlantic Radio Science Meeting (AT-RASC), Meloneras, Spain, May 2018, DOI: 10.23919/URSI-AT-RASC.2018.8471641.
3. Y. Miao, Q. Gueuning, M. Gan, C. Oestges, "Adding Diffuse Scattering Correlation to Effective Roughness Models in Ray Tracing," 2017 11th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), Paris, France, Mar. 2017, DOI: 10.23919/EuCAP.2017.7928171.
2. Y. Miao, K. Haneda, M. Kim, J.-I Takada, "Stochastic Modelling of LOS Double-Directional Channel in Spherical Wave Domain --- Concept, Formulation and Validation," 2014 XXXIth URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium (URSI GASS), Beijing, China, Aug. 2014, DOI: 10.1109/URSIGASS.2014.6929656.
1. Y. Miao, J. Takada, "Antenna Pattern Reconstruction by Spherical Vector Waves for Spherical Antenna Measurement," 2013 International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory, Hiroshima, Japan, pp. 1035-1038, May 2013.